Skip to main content

Sweet peas sown January 27, 2017

On January 28, 1986, I skipped classes at Waxahachie High to sow sweet peas in the field next to my house.

I was unaware that the Space Shuttle Challenger had exploded that morning until my friend called me and asked if I had heard the news. Immediately, I turned on the TV and found all the major networks covering the story.

Still, the events of that day are tied together in my memory, and each year that I sow sweet peas, I remember the date that I sowed Wando sweet peas and harvest the greatest yield I've ever picked.

This year as the date approached, I made sure to have seed on hand, and I sowed the peas on Friday, January 27, 2017, in the same field where I grew sweet peas in 1986.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall seeding 2021

Greenhouse tomatoes were seeded on October 18, 2021. Collard greens and kale were seeded on October 20, 2021.

Melons sown for 2021

20 buckets sown April 4, 2021. 9 seeds in each bucket. Seeds testes in 2018.